SkyDrive 25GB Storage
SkyDrive is the free online storage service offered by Microsoft (Live) where you can save & share your files with other people. SkyDrive offers 25GB storage with each file size limited to 50MB. All you need is a Windows Live ID to start using the service if you are not already using it. However, if you are a heavy user of SkyDrive then the web interface is not an effective way of storing and retrieving your files.
Integrating SkyDrive in explorer
SkyDrive Explorer comes to rescue here which let you integrate the SkyDrive storage in windows explorer so that you can work with your files just like you do on your computer on a daily basis.
Features of SkyDrive Explorer
- View the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive™;
- View files information (type, size, creation date in GMT format);
- Create new root folders and subfolders;
- Copy files into the storage;
- Delete files and folders;
- Copy files from the storage to the computer;
- Copy folders and subfolders from the storage to the computer keeping their structure;
- Use Drag & Drop for files operations;
- Rename files and folders;
- Create links to SkyDrive™ folders on your computer;
- Copy URL of the selected object(s) to the Clipboard;
- Automatic check for the latest version;
- Bidirectional languages support;
- Selection of your preferred interface language.
It will appear under your My Computer for easy access as a drive to explore your space after authentication.
Just Copy-paste or drag-drop the file like one do in explorer.
You can upload with the default windows explorer style.
You can get the URL of the file too if you want to share it with others.
Also there is a FAQ section for it if you want to ask something. I certainly like this application. Did you like it? Have your say in the comments.
I recommend Gladinet too. This page has detailed information comparing the two: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/58709.aspx
Thanks for sharing the link!
excellent post have just tried it
Good to hear that!
I uploaded some pictures on msn and put them public on my profile, However for some weird reason they show up in my msn skydrive as modified when I have 5 years that I dont look at them how s this possible?