Whatever be the reason why you deleted a file, now you want it back. Finding your way around? Look no further. Glary Undelete is a software that can take care of the task of recovering files from your drive. And all this at no cost. Yes, its a freeware. Definately worth a try.
Behind the Scenes:
Record of each file is saved in a table. When a file is deleted from a drive, only its reference from that table is deleted. The file remains on the drive unless the drive is fully formatted or it is overwritten by some other data. So Softwares like Glary Undelete scans the drive space and recovers them. Only files deleted recently have a good chances of being recovered because other read-write operations on drive might overwrite the content of previously deleted file which makes it hard to recover.
- Supports FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
- Supports recovery of compressed, fragmented and encrypted files on NTFS
- Supports Basic and Dynamic Volumes
- Undelete files on removable devices
- Filter by file name, file date, size, recovery state